Saturday, June 14, 2008

An E-mail To Senator Martinez, (R) Florida

Dear Sir,

On Thursday, 12 June 2008 I heard your telephone comments on the Neal Boortz syndicated radio talk show. I heard you say that you have researched and China is not drilling in Cuba off of our coast for oil.

You may be technically correct that the Chinese are not drilling at this moment.

However, drilling for oil in Cuba is coming, see: Cuban oil production could be a catalyst for a change in relations with U.S. http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/12/business/cubaoil.php

or try: Castro's revenge: The Cuban oil rush, Seventy miles from Florida, a Cuban oil rush is underway - and U.S. companies can't join in. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/
03/19/8402339/index.htm


Does it really matter who gets the oil off our coast since the Senators and Congressman and Congresswomen of this country seem determined to let it be lost? Is it any less gone if Spain, Norway or India drills for it?

At first, I thought: Wow, Senator Martinez with the real facts. Until I researched the situation myself. Now again, I see you as part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Again, I say Drill Now; in Alaska, inside the continental United States, and offshore of Florida or wherever oil exists that is available to the United states.

Sincerely,

No comments: